Recipe: Tomato, Mozzarella & Pasta Stars With Basil
Here's a Heinz For Baby recipe aimed at 7-10 month old babies who are moving on to the wonderful world of Stage 2 weaning. It's all about discovering new and exciting flavours and trying bigger lumps and finger foods, this is an exciting time for your little one!
Makes: 2 Servings
- 1 large carrot (90g)
- 80g new potatoes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 220g canned chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of dried basil
- A little ground black pepper
- 50g mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 50g Heinz Cook at Home Pasta stars
1. Peel the carrot and potatoes and chop into small cubes. Heat the oil in a small pan, add the garlic, carrot and potato and cook stirring for a minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, basil, pepper and 60ml water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are really tender. Drain.
3. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack. Drain.
4. Stir the sauce into the pasta along with the cheese. Mash all the ingredients with the back of a fork or potato masher until all lumps are small and soft. Serve at room temperature or warm.
Recipe and Image From Heinz For Baby