Recipe: Tasty Carrot & Oat Energy Bars
Here's a recipe from Annabel Karmel suitable for toddlers over 12 months and the rest of the family will enjoy them too. Packed full of nutritious ingredients they make a tasty snack or a great breakfast alternative.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Makes: 15 Bars
Not suitable for freezing
- 75g dried apricots
- 200 ml water
- 20g flaxseeds
- 150g gluten free oats
- 60g plan nuts, finely chopped
- 80g raisins
- 65g carrot, peeled and grated
- 50g dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional for over one year)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 50ml sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan. Line a 20 x 20 cm square tin with non-stick paper.
- Put the apricots and water into a saucepan. Bring up to the boil then leave for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth using a hand blender. Add the maple syrup and oil to the mixture.
- Measure the remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the apricot mixture and mix well. Spoon into the tin and level the surface.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until firm and lightly golden at the edges. Remove from the tin and slice into 15 bars. Cool and store in the fridge or an airtight container
Recipe and Image By Annabel Karmel