Recipe: Scary Spider Pizza
These ghoulish homemade pizzas from Annabel Karmel are the ultimate fuel ahead of trick or treating.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 large or 2 smaller pizzas
Not Suitable for Freezing
- 225 g strong white flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 150 ml warm water
- 8 tbsp tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 250 g block mozzarella
- Roughly 12 large pitted black olives
- To make the base, measure the flour, yeast, oil and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir together with the water to form a dough. Tip onto a work surface and knead together for about 5 minutes until springy.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C Fan. When doubled in size, tip onto a work surface and knead, then stretch out to make a large 30cm circle. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the chopped tomatoes and paste together and spread over the top of the pizza.
- Slice each olive in half and put 3 halves onto the pizza and slice the remaining into thin strips to make the spider’s legs.
- Slice the block mozzarella into 4 pieces widthways using a ghost cutter and stamp out ghosts.
- Put the pizza into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden then add the ghosts and put back into the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until melted but the shape of the ghosts is still intact.
Recipe By Annabel Karmel