Craft Ideas: Unicorn Slime!
Wow your little ones with this amazing super glittery unicorn slime from the wonderful site The Best Ideas For Kids.
Repeat each of the below for each color (you’ll need to make 3 batches of the glitter slime to form your unicorn slime)
- 1 bottle of Elmer’s glitter glue (6 oz) – we used pink, yellow, and blue and repeated the recipe 3 times. Note: we made this with Elmer’s glitter glue. Do not substitute with other glue as the make-up may not be the same and the recipe may not work
- Pink, Gold, and Blue Glitter – use lots of glitter to get the same shiny effect. We like this brand of glitter.
- 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda
- 1½ TBSP of Contact lens solution. **Important: your brand of contact lens solution must have boric acid in the ingredient list. This is what interacts with the glue to form the slime.
- Optional: add 1 TBSP of water to your glue if you’d like a stretchier slime
Slime Recipe to make Unicorn Slime
1. Get a bowl to mix your slime ingredients in.
2. Pour your entire 6 oz Elmer’s Glitter glue into the bowl.
3. Add your 1/2 TBSP of baking soda and mix in thoroughly. Also add 1 TBSP or more of water here (up to 1/2 cup) if you want a stretchier slime.
4. Now add your glitter in and continue to mix.
5. Slowly add in your contact lens solution (reminder: your contact lens solution should contain boric acid or your slime will not form). Add it in slowly and mix if possible so that you can adjust and ensure you do not add too much.
6. Now mix until your slime forms and begins to harden. Take it out and knead, knead, knead. You may be surprised how much you need to knead to really make the slime form. If it’s not the desirable consistency keep kneading. If you find it to still be too sticky, add a bit more contact lens solution.
Now you’re done and you can play! Mix the colours together or play with them separately.
***Slime Safety & Precautions***
Note: this recipe does not contain borax. However, it is still considered a science experiment and safety precautions should still be made when creating slime. By making this slime, you agree to our site terms which you can read here.
- Adults should handle any chemicals and products
- Adults should make the slime
- Always read and follow the labels of products used. If contact lens solution is accidentally ingested, seek medical attention immediately.
- This project is not suitable for children under 4.
- Slime should not be placed in the mouth. After playing with the slime, you should thoroughly wash your hands.
Find more like this on The Best Ideas For Kids